Ten talented Canadian badminton players named to Santiago 2023 team
September 22, 2023
Badminton Canada and the Canadian Olympic Committee have announced Canada’s badminton team nominated to compete at the Santiago 2023 Pan American Games.
The Team Canada badminton team for the Santiago 2023 Pan American Games is:
- Rachel Chan (Markham, Ont.)
- Catherine Choi (Markham, Ont.)
- Adam Dong (Burlington, Ont.)
- Kevin Lee (Winnipeg, Man.)
- Ty Lindeman (St. Albert, Alta.)
- Josephine Wu (Edmonton, Alta.)
- Nyl Yakura (Pickering, Ont.)
- Brian Yang (Richmond Hill, Ont.)
- Eliana Zhang (Montreal, Que.)
- Wendy Zhang (Richmond, B.C.)
The athletes qualified for Team Canada based on points accumulated from results during the September 1, 2022 to August 30, 2023 qualification period. Similar to Tokyo 2020, for which Team Canada qualified its largest-ever Olympic badminton team, a full quota of five women and five men have qualified for Santiago 2023 — larger than the Canadian team sent to the Lima 2019 Pan American Games.
Click HERE to read the full press release.