BCAN Certified Coach Registration
NEW COACH REGISTRATION SYSTEM
In order to be eligible to coach at a Yonex (Junior/Senior) Elite event, and National Championship events, all coaches must abide by the Coach Certification & Coaching Field of Play policy, and register following the instructions below:
1. Complete the Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check with Sterling Backcheck: https://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/landing-pages/b/badminton-canada/
*You will be asked to upload your Sterling Backcheck to your profile in the new PlayerWeb.
*You will be asked to upload your Respect in Sport Certificate to your profile in the new PlayerWeb. The CAC Safe Sport Training will be automatically linked to PlayerWeb.
3. Log onto PlayerWeb (NEW): https://playerweb.com/#!/memberships/badminton-canada-coach-and-to-licenses
- Click "Join/Renew BCAN Coaches/Officials" and follow the registration process - the system will find your profile or generate a new one if it does not already exist. Complete the information fields as required. Please ensure to upload your Sterling Backcheck, Respect in Sport Certificate and a headshot for your coach accreditation. The CAC Safe Sport Training will already be linked to PlayerWeb.
4. Once completed BCAN will review the submission, and will be considered "pending approval".
5. You will receive an email confirming your submission, level of coaching certification, and receipt of the Sterling Backcheck. At this time an electronic accreditation will be produced and will need to be shown to the Referee/Umpire of the tournament and/or match.
*Please note that failure to complete any of these steps may result in being denied Field of Play access
Any questions, please contact email@example.com