BCAN Certified Coach Registration
NEW COACH REGISTRATION SYSTEM
In order to be eligible to coach at a Yonex (Junior/Senior) Elite event, and National Champsionship events, all coaches must abide by the Coach Certification & Coaching Field of Play policy, and register following the instructions below:
1. Complete the Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check with Sterling Backcheck: https://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/landing-pages/b/badminton-canada/
*You will be asked to upload your Sterling Backcheck to your profile in the new PlayerWeb
2. Complete the Respect in Sport Activity Leader module: https://badmintoncanada-al.respectgroupinc.com/
*You will be asked to upload you Respect in Sport Certificate to your profile in the new PlayerWeb.
3. Log onto the PlayerWeb (NEW): https://playerweb.com/#!/memberships/badminton-canada-coaches-20192020
- Click "Join/Renew BCAN Coaches/Officials" and follow the registration process - the system will find your profile, or generate a new one if it does not already exist. Complete the information fields as required. Please ensure to upload your Sterling Backchek, Respect in Sport Certificate and a headshot for your coach acceditation.
4. Once completed BCAN will review the submission, and will be considered "pending approval"
5. You will receive an email confirming your submission, level of coaching certification, and receipt of the Sterling Backcheck. At this time an electronic accreditation will be produced and need to be shown to the referee/umpire of the tournement and/or match.
*Please note that failure to complete any of these steps may result in being denied Field of Play access
Any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org