E-Learning Coach Opportunities
May 13, 2020
Keep up with your Professional Developement with these online modules that count towards Maintenace of Certification
COVID-19 has created a new norm of having many individuals working from home and having more down time. This means there is no better time for our coaches to continue their professional development, update their coaching credentials and spend time completing those courses they’ve wanted but haven’t had the time to do so.
It is important to Badminton Canada that all our coaches are certified and continue to provide the best for our athletes. The many available E-learning courses allow our coaches to engage in lifelong learning, promote growth and development, give our athletes the best opportunity to achieve their goals and are fun and engaging for all participating.
E-learning is a great way for coaches to receive professional development points to maintain their NCCP certification in the comfort of their own homes and at their own pace. Many of these courses are free and take between1 and 4 hours to complete.
Here are some professional opportunities for coaches:
- Coach Initiation in Sport: Online NCCP module developed to introduce new or experienced coaches to the foundational skills in coaching, such as long-term athlete development, ethics, coaching motivation, and athlete safety and wellness. Cost is $15 and takes approximately 1 hour to complete. On-line module is located here: http:// https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CIS-E
- Making Head Way: Online NCCP module designed to make coaches concussion smart and ensure the safety of our athletes. This module has no cost and takes approximately 60-90 minutes to complete. The module is located here: https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#MHW
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability: This module provides coaches the knowledge to deliver quality, positive sport experiences for athletes, with behavioural, intellectual, physical, and sensory disabilities. The cost is $15 and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. The module is located here: https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#CAWAD-E
- NCCP Sport Nutrition: This module provides coaches the knowledge to deliver healthy eating tips and guidelines to parents and athletes. The cost is $20 and should take approximately 40-60 minutes to complete. The module is located here: http://https://thelocker.coach.ca/onlinelearning#SN-E
- Keeping Girls in Sport: This module provides knowledge to coaches to ensure young girls are given the best chance to stay in sport long-term. It gives coaches the skills to motivate young girls and have them achieve not only on the field but also off the field of play. The cost is $17 and should take approximately 90 minutes to complete. The module is located here: https://jumpstart-kgis.respectgroupinc.com/
BWF opportunities- All courses are free of charge
- Shuttle Time Courses: This course allows teachers access to free resources which will help provide enjoyable, safe and inclusive badminton activities for school aged children aged 5-15 years old. This course is located here: https://shuttletime.bwfbadminton.com/register-log-in
- Coach Education: There are 4 levels available for coach education framework. Level 1 is basic coaching principles: What to coach, how to coach, planning and delivery, coach’s manual, tutor’s manual and instructional video clips. Level 2 is for advanced coaches who have interest in planning and delivering a one-year training program. Level 3 is specialized coaching for coaches who have interest in high-level youth coaching or elite coaching. Level 4 provides education for coaches working alongside badminton players with disabilities. The courses are located here: https://development.bwfbadminton.com/registration-coach
- Technical Officials: Offers resources for line judges, umpires and referees. These references will help ensure fair and objective competition at consistent high standards. These resources are located here: https://development.bwfbadminton.com/register-official
- National Administration Course: Aimed at national federations and associations looking to develop the sport of badminton in their area. There are 3 main pathways to choose from. The first is Player Pathway Program (PPP) which aims at building a systematic approach to athlete development and talent identification. The second is Sports Federation Management Program (SFMP) which addresses the core strategic and operational areas for administrators. The third being Post Graduate Certification (PGC) which is aimed at high-performing administrators. The courses are located here: https://bwf.worldacademysport.com/?view=login&academy=9&course=140
- Player Pathway Program: Helps create a player pathway which is right for national federations. Will help carry out systematic plans for many areas. These resources are here: http:// https://bwf.worldacademysport.com/?view=login&academy=9&course=102
- Event Management Course: Provides an introduction to BWF events. Level 1 event management course is aimed towards event organizers wanting to stage grade 3 events. Level 2 event management courses are aimed towards event organizers wanting to upgrade grade 3 events to grade 2. Courses are found here: http:// https://bwf.worldacademysport.com/?view=login&academy=9&course=102
We hope all our coaches take this opportunity to complete the courses they want and/or need to give our athletes the best opportunity to achieve their goals and continue to stay safe.