Call for Applications: Gender Equity, Inclusion, and Safe Sport Working Group
August 20, 2019
Badminton Canada is currently looking for individuals to serve on its Gender Equity, Inclusion and Safe Sport Working Group
Badminton Canada is currently looking for individuals to serve on its Gender Equity, Inclusion and Safe Sport Working Group, to help shape and direct activities, policies and programs in these critical areas.
We welcome the perspectives of all stakeholders, including athletes, coaches, parents, officials, sport organizers and volunteers, at all levels, from the wide and diverse range of cultural and geographical backgrounds within Canada's badminton community.
Position: Gender Equity, Inclusion and Safe Sport Working Group Member
The intent of this committee is to provide a forum for the discussion of ideas and to assist in the creation, implementation and review of strategies, programs and policies focused on promoting gender equity and inclusion and on preventing all forms of maltreatment, harassment and abuse in our sport.
This committee will serve in an advisory capacity, providing leadership and support in the promotion of gender equity, inclusion and safe sport for all in badminton in Canada.
- Organizational leadership and advisement related to gender equity, inclusion, and safe sport
- Proposal, review, and oversight of policies and procedures
- Proposal, review and oversight of program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Ensuring that equity, access and safe sport principles are incorporated into all strategies, policies, plans and actions of Badminton Canada
- Ensuring Badminton Canada's policies are current, implemented, and upheld
- Outreach and Communication
*Members of the committee share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of badminton in Canada. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
To learn more about the position and how to apply, please click on the Application Form below